Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The first 24 hours


We are so happy to have our family home and can't believe, dare I say it, how smoothly things are going. The triplets are loving sleeping together and we can't get enough of watching them. Ryan has been adjusting wonderfully and we couldn't be more thrilled.

Now, I am all about breastfeeding but I have to say, starting the babies right on bottles has made things much less stressful for me. Mike and I have been lucky that both our mom's are staying with us this week helping out every minute of the day. In fact, I got the middle of the night feeding shift off last night.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and are so thankful for all your support and prayers. We are open to visitors but request that you call ahead of time. Also, we ask that you are sure that you are not sick and if you have been, to be 5 days symptom free. Although the babies are doing great, it is important for us to remember that they are a month early and really could suffer alot if they were to get sick. Our other request is that when people do come over to please be sure to greet Ryan. In fact, we ask that you greet him before the triplets so that he does not feel neglected in anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally right!!! About greeting Ryan first.. Make him feel important- Those babies wont know the difference! He is so special- a VERY special big brother! We love all of you! Ill be calling tomorrow to make sure I can come on thursday and see if you need anything! Look at you momma- time to post pics and all! You truly are SUPERMOM!

Heather F said...

Congrats Laura - I am so happy for you guys! The babies are beautiful and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly. I am hoping to make it some time this week - I will certainly give you a call!

Stephanie said...

Congrats from one triplet momma to another. The babies are beautiful and terrific weights. Way to go! Congrats to big brother Ryan too!

Megan said...

Congrats on your beautiful babies! You did a great job! Such big babies, that is terrific! Do you know when your story is going to air? I would love to watch it! Love to ask you a few questions about it if you don't mind? My email address is megs631@hotmail.com. I know you are very busy right now...but when you get time!

Anonymous said...

Why did you even try to nurse the babies? You say you're "all about breastfeeding" but did you even nurse your first son?