Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finally an update


Sorry it has taken me some time to get on here and update everyone. I know many of you have been asking and checking back to see how things are going.

Things have been going really well. The babies have been putting on weight at the rate of an ounce per day. The doctor said she would have been happy with a half ounce a day so she was very pleased. Right now they are sleeping anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 hours and then are up to eat. We are learning to use the bottle props to make sure everyone is fed at the same time in order to keep them on the same schedule. I think having them on the same schedule has been a life saver so that feedings do not take several hours (especially the one's at 3:00 am).

In the beginning, Ryan started to regress however, the last couple of days have he has improved.

Mike went back to work yesterday which was more difficult for me. I miss him being around during the day helping out but know he must work.

I am off to the doctor tomorrow to make sure I am healing okay. I seem to have an area of my incision that doesn't want to close and so the doctor is concerned that I may have been doing too much. Hmm... me... do too much, haha.

3 comments:

Christina & Matthew said...

Turkey costume is priceless but you will be in much trouble showing that picture when Ryan is a teen HAAA. So happy to hear everyone is getting big and strong and that everything is moving along wonderfully. Good luck at the Dr.!
Love You all!
Christina and Matt
PS we are trying to make it down there when we get back from FLA. Semester is over Dec 13th!

Heather F said...

Seriously - that picture is too cute!

Shay said...

thanks for the update Laura! glad things are going so well. I hope your incision heals up properly - you should really stay off your feet more, hahaha.
I'm sure Ryan will adjust soon. :)